Reports are normally selected from the Report Navigator window, however individual reports can placed in the Main Menu as a Navigational Waypoint.
To add a report to a Module's section of the main navigation, add a new Logical Window type Navigation Node that is tied to the w_reports window class.
- From the System Administration menu, select Navigation, then select Node.
- In the Select NAV Node window, click the New button.
- From the Type dropdown, select Logical Window.
- From the Window Class dropdown, select w_reports.
- Enter the Node Name and Widow Title that will be displayed for this Report.
- For the icons(Nav Panel bitmap & Outline Bitmap), the recommendation is to use report3.bmp.
- Enter the Report Code in the Open Parms column. (The Report Code can be found using the Report Maintenance window)
- Save the new Node.
Next, add the new Logical Window to a Main Menu section.
- From the System Administration menu, select Navigation, then select Route.
- Navigate to the Section you want to add the Report to.
- Click the Add icon.
Finally, Logoff and then log back into CHAMPS to refresh the navigation display.
When the new Navigation Node is selected, the Report Prompts will be displayed based on the Report Code setup.
Now you have seen how to add a Report to a Module's Navigation.